The exhibition presented on the ground floor of the renovated Shoemaker's House is devoted to European militaria from the 16th to the mid-20th century.
The historical and regional collection of Albin Makowski (1908-1982) is open to the public by courtesy of the Museum in the collector's former apartment located on the ground floor of the tenement house at 5 Drzymały Street. Its origins date back to 1926.
This permanent ethnographic exhibition depicts aspects of everyday rural life in the Chojnice region at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries. The exhibits gathered by the Museum come from representatives of all ethnic groups living in the area around Chojnice, among them Gochy, Borowiacy of Kashubia, Borowiacy of Tuchola and Zaboracy in the north and other mixed groups including Kosznajdry in the south.
A new exhibition on both nature and archeology focuses on presenting the extraordinary cultural heritage of the Goths who lived in the area around 80 AD.
More than two hundred objects are on display which present the history of the town from the Middle Ages to the end of the Second Polish Republic. One of the oldest items is a treasure of Teutonic coins from the 14th and 15th centuries.
Leonard Brzeziński (February 6th, 1904 - April 8th, 1984) A native of Wiele, a passionate embroiderer, creator of souvenirs, ethnographer, curator and a teacher of nature and geography by profession.